Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sequel

Andrew Wheeler passes on the information that Eoin Colfer will be writing a sequel to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. These days I can't say I'm stunned. Maybe that it took so long. Typically for blog entries like this I should go on a 500 word rant about how my childhood has been sexually assaulted by the powers that be. I'm not doing that.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a classic don't get me wrong but let's face it the last two books in the series came off sounding like he was basically sharecropping it his own universe. So I can't get too worked up about the literary estate squeezing every Altairian dollar they can out of it.

How the book is received will be very interesting. They're still is a decent enough fan community about for the series. I'll be waiting for the reviews myself before deciding whether to pick it up. So anyone want to make any guesses about which series is up next for a posthumous sequel?

No comments: